I know that I tried to stay away from our favorite cousin Andrew Caldwell (He is going through a lot), but I will never get my foot off the necks of the conniving churches that utilize those like Andrew Caldwell to get themselves publicity and fame (or in this case, infamy).
Well, as you know, back in 2014, there was a viral video stemming from the 2014 C.O.G.I.C. Convocation starring Andrew Caldwell announcing his deliverance from homosexuality.
Ever since then, life has gotten much more complicated for our dude Andrew Caldwell. From combating with bloggers and vloggers all the way to lawsuits involving high-profile celebrities, Caldwell has endured a lot of issues that all stem from the video above and his direct involvement in the ex-gay deliverance movement directly related to the C.O.G.I.C. church.
Please check out this Witness for the World, a an ex-gay program/movement started by someone in the C.O.G.I.C. church. This is their link. Please give it a view, http://www.witnessfortheworld.org/.
While, Caldwell may not have directly came out in his support of Witness for the World (from what I have seen), he has definitely been an advocate for leaving the “gay lifestyle” or homosexuality. From his live videos, to his interviews, and his other online social media presence, Caldwell is extremely active. This is definitely with the ASSUMED support of the C.O.G.I.C. church that has come out in support of Caldwell.
However, I know my understanding of the Andrew Caldwell’s standing with the church has been highly misconstrued. While messing around on Facebook tonight (November 25, 2017), I find out that Andrew Caldwell has been ostracized and uninvited to the 110th Holy Convocation in 2018. Please check out the full Facebook Live video below.
(Disclaimer: It might get taken down.)
I don’t have time stamps, but there are definite statements made on this Facebook Live that I want to share.
Revelations from Andrew’s Facebook Live
- At the 109th Holy Convocation in 2016, Caldwell stated he was allegedly confronted by about seven guards who tried to put him out of the convocation but failed due to an intervention by Bishop Blake.
- At the 110th Holy Convocation in 2017, Caldwell stated that he was alleged confronted and then escorted out by more than about 10 security guards who were allegedly ordered to do so by Bishop Blake.
- The security team allegedly called him the F word and the B word
- The security team allegedly informed him that Bishop Blake did not invite him to the convocation.
- Caldwell wanted to ensure that the audience understood that he was not causing turmoil during the services.
- Caldwell stated that he was pulled out of line while attempting to get his book signed by Joel Osteen, by a security team (this allegation appears to be a little murky regarding the conflicting details)
- Caldwell has not been to his church since the alleged incidences at 110th Holy Convocation (November 6-14, 2017).
- Caldwell stated that he was confronted by one of the security team members at a local mall since the incident at the 110th Holy Convocation
- Caldwell stated that someone called him (he identified him a possibly being the same security team member at the mall) and told him he was not welcomed to the 111th Holy Convocation
- Caldwell stated that he will be writing a book set to debut in 2018
- Caldwell confirmed that he felt used by the C.O.G.I.C church and that he has been ostracized
- Caldwell also confirmed (in tears) that he regrets ever going to the convocation in 2014 and his video going viral
Well that was a doozy for sure. Let me know what you think? Do you think there is any merit in these allegations? My personal thoughts are down below.
I believe everything, including the incident at the Joel Osteen book signing, because I know that if this been one of the churches I visited growing up, that Caldwell would not be able to be as OPENLY flamboyant, messy, and in support of the gay community as he is and still be in services LIKE THAT. He could’ve came to the church service and events, but he might have to sit in the back and if his presence is distracting members from the service, then Caldwell might have to leave. While it is unfair, it is how churches that are C.O.G.I.C and holiness usually operate. The church must roll on as they use to say.
It breaks my heart to see how he realizes the consequences of him going viral. I think that the church used him to further their progress on the local level as many people who were unfamiliar with the C.O.G.I.C. ex-gay ministries now know about it. It is a great shame that they have gotten to use this young man (and vice versa). Yah sees all and you reap what you sow. If they have not actively attempted to sow seeds of love, hope, kindness, and peace into this young man, then they are going reap the seeds of discord they seem to have sewn.
The C.O.G.I.C. church literally pimped this young man. They funded him in his mess, but hide him as their shame. You know it is bad that the first experience you have at a church is one where you are given money to do what a man in power wants. It was as if he claimed him spiritually and physically.
Please let me know if I missed anything, if you disagree with anything, or if you have another point of view.
If there is a topic you would like for me to discuss please contact me via Facebook or my email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like the Facebook page facebook.com/cmortalx
Follow me on all social media
Email me for all inquiries at email@example.com
Join the mailing list at cmortalx.com/subscribe for all updates.